Advertisement

Official: Biden campaign taking down attack ads

It may take days for some ads already in circulation to stop running.

Advertisement

Joe Biden’s campaign is taking down its attack ads in the wake of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus infection.

That’s according to a Biden campaign official who spoke on the condition of anonymity on Friday to discuss internal planning.

The Democrat’s campaign is removing all its negative ads, although in some cases, it may take days for ads already in circulation to stop running. The official says Biden made the decision before news surfaced that Trump was being transferred to a military hospital for a “few days” of treatment.

At least so far, Trump’s campaign has not begun removing any of its attack ads against Biden. One ad aired Friday night after the comment was made.

Among Biden's tweets Friday, he said, "This cannot be a partisan moment. It must be an American moment. We have to come together as a nation."

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

The presidential election is just over one month away.

Hearst TV contributed to this report.