Advertisement

Brothers die trying to stay warm in snowstorm after more than a day without power

Two brothers in Maryland were trying to stay warm during an extended power outage but tragically made a fatal mistake.

Advertisement

Two brothers in Maryland were trying to stay warm during an extended power outage but tragically made a fatal mistake.

Carlos and Luis Carranza had been without power for more than 24 hours during a snowstorm. In efforts to keep warm, they set up a generator in their living room to space heaters.

The two were found dead on Tuesday of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, WJLA reported. It's unknown whether there were carbon monoxide detectors in the home.

Watch the video above to learn more about this story.